Daily Fantasy Baseball Picks
- Scott Diamond – Though he’s not really a strikeout guy – a problem in Fanduel – Diamond is 8-4 with a 3.16 era. He is a pretty good value cost wise, and has gone at least six innings in all but two starts this season. The game is in Minnesota. He’s 5-1 at home, with a 2.72 era. The Indians are the worst team in the AL vs. lefties, hitting just .223.
- Cole Hamels - One of the fierest competitors in the game. After that big contract, he’s pitching with everything he’s got tonight. He goes against Ben Sheets, who hasn’t given up a run since he’s return. If Sheets is able to make it through the game without his arm falling off, it’s highly likely he will give up a run. He will not make it through the entire year scoreless. A bold prediction, I know. But the Braves don’t hit Hamels that well so I will make a bold prediction. Hamels doesn’t give up a run. BIG CAVEAT – This game may not get played on account of the weather. Be careful. Maybe you can start Hamels in a low cost daily fantasy baseball tournament.
- Another viable starter is Blake Beavan. Stay away from most of the rest, including Sale, Darvish, and even Cain.
- Kinsler or Phillips – Both second basemen have been hitting relatively well and both hit lefties relatively well. Couple that with both facing a lefty this evening, and I think you’ve got your second baseman.
- Brett Lawrie - Leading off for the Jays. He’s red hot. .474 over his last 7.
- Mariners – Jeremy Guthrie is terrible. I don’t care if he’s an Oriole, a Rockie, or a Royal, he’s not good and lineups against him are always good daily fantasy baseball plays. As bad as Mariner hitting it, you will get great value.
- Corey Hart
Pick of the Day
- Hart. I snuck him him with no explanation. Figure it out