Daily fantasy baseball picks for Saturday’s early games only. I turned around my fortunes with last night’s games, so I’m playing afternoon baseball. (Gambling be like that!) You can sign-up for my free daily fantasy baseball picks here.
- Shelby Miller– I’m happy to stake my afternoon on this guy. The splits favor it! Last year, Miller had a 2.62 era during day games, compared to a still good 3.17 at night. Importantly, he also had a 1.75 at home compared to a 4.57 on the road. That’s a pronounced difference. This year’s numbers also bear out the trend, though more modestly. He is facing a good Braves team, but those splits can’t be ignored. Also, I think Aaron Harang is still in the process of coming back to earth. He’s an over 4 era guy this year, despite his white hot start.
- Jhonny Peralta – I think he will be among those helping Miller to victory. He’s 10-28 lifetime against the Braves veteran right-hander. He also has two homeruns against him. He’s hit in three straight and in 9 of his last 10. Peralta has eight homers on the year.
- Nationals– When I saw they let Bartolo Colon out of assisted living for this one, I had to stack the lineup! In all seriousness, his last outing was atrocious. I think his (likely) steroid aided swan song of last year is just about over. In limited at-bats, it seems quite a few Nationals see the ball off Colon. (Legal disclaimer: I have no idea if Colon is actually using steroids, nor do I know if he does or not qualify for Medicare.)
- Nate McLouth – Part of my lineup stack against Colon will include lefty McLouth. He’s out to a super-slow start with only 7 hits in 62 at-bats, but the guy can play and Colon is old. Careful, however, in case Colon breaks a hip and the Mets bring in a lefty. Hairston will be batting for Nate.
Pick of the Afternoon
- Peralta– Hot hitter, good history against Harang. I like it!